Bledsoe's Fort Historical Park
For almost three decades, the Bledsoe's Lick Historical Association has pursued the exciting and challenging task of integrating the preservation of important archaeological and historic sites with the growth, progress and economic development of Sumner County.
Named for the mineral springs and licks so prominent in regional history and prehistory, the Association has operated, managed, and preserved Wynnewood State Historic Area, including several important historical buildings, landmarks and historical sites:
•The restored Irish Cottage of Hugh Rogan
•The mineral springs and lick
•Thomas Sharp Spencer monument
•Portions of the ancient Native American town
In 1992, the Association expanded its preservation efforts to include the development of Bledsoe's Fort Historical Park -- a nearly 80-acre county park which includes:
- The archaeological location of Isaac Bledsoe's 1780 fort.
- The restored Nathanial Parker cabin.
Historical Association Inc. (BLHA) will not exclude any person from
participation in, be denied benefits of, or be otherwise subject to
discrimination in the performance of this grant or in the employment
practices of BLHA on the grounds of : disability, age , race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, or any other classification
protected by Federal, Tennessee State constitutional or statutory
law. BLHA will, upon request, show proof of such nondiscrimination
and will post in conspicuous places, available to all employees,
volunteers, members, and visitors, notices of nondiscrimination.
Bledsoe Fort Park
2895 Hartsville Pike
Castalian Springs , Tennessee 37031